Boy Interrupted

So, what's your diag-nonsense?

Friday, November 28, 2003

Insomniac

I've comed to realize that there are some advantages to having insomnia however, yesterday I was able to experience the consequences. Hmm. Let me think here for a minute. I managed to sleep for zero hours Tuesday night and 4 hours Wednesday night. At work I was a complete basketcase from not having any sleep Tuesday night. Anyway, here are the consequences for not being able to sleep in 4 weeks:

1. Almost fell asleep driving to Baltimore
2. Was in a pissy mood
3. Could not enjoy Thanksgiving dinner
4. Tried to fall asleep on the way home but couldn't
5. Went to watch Will and Grace and collasped into a coma for 4 hours

Pros to having insomnia:

1. Get a lot of thinking done
2. Started to learn how to knit scarfs.
3. Get a chance to memorize a lot of movie lines (I pretty much know all of Interview with the Vampire and Steel Magnolias)
4. Can always claim temporary insanity due to lack of sleep if I ever get the chance.

Thanksgiving was good although I don't remember much of it. I know I talked to my Aunt Velma a lot and she taught me how to knit. Other than that the day was pretty uneventful. I only ate stuffing, potatoes, mac and cheese, and turkey. How pathetic is that? There was so much more to choose from...I wanted Kielbasa and Saurkraut while I was there but forgot about it because I was full. So I have some in the frig for later. I just back from shopping...which by the way since I'm so tired has lost all of its charm...and managed to buy not a damn thing for myself. I only bought Sharon her baby shower gift. I got her a bib with a mom and baby duck on it, a robe with a baby duck on it that says "Just Duckie," the matching blanket/wrap thing with a baby duck on it, the matching wash cloth glove thing, and some sleepers to match it. Carter's offers the best and cutest things for babies. I hope she loves it. I spent like $70 on it so she better. Baby stuff shouldn't be that expensive but they are so worth it. Anyway, I'm going to watch X2 and try to fall asleep. Later ya'll hope that your Turkey Day was hella good and that someone's hangover has faded.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home