Boy Interrupted

So, what's your diag-nonsense?

Friday, January 06, 2006

Mental Note

I am frustrated with a capital "F."

I know that I should not be writing this but it bothers me. I know that the person(s) I am speaking of can read this at anytime and will probably get mad but I need to voice my opinion.

When the holidays come around I make it a point to cover everyone that I feel should receive a gift from me. I usually spend the most on my parents and grandmother. My friends come next. I do not keep many friends and spending a good amount on them is always done. So this year I have spent on several people to hear that they had no gift for me but that they were planning on purchasing the gift. That is fine because some research had to be done on the gift. Well low and behold I have yet to recieve anything from the person. And it wasn't until I inquired about the certificate that it was brought back up. Now I could see if you were really in a bad spot and did not have the money. I was told that they do not have the money for the gift. However, I find out this morning that a new gift was bought for the person. A brand new iPod. Well in my book they are around $200. This is an even bigger slap in the face because my gift was supposed to be an iTunes gift certificate for my iPod. So, the person(s) had enough money to purchase the iPod for themselves and now that I inquire about the gift certificate they have to see if they have enough money after they pay their bills. If you had the money to pay for a new iPod why not finish the gift giving to a person who is always there to help out. Whether you need a ride to work, mental support, or help in general I am always there. However, when it comes to thinking of someone other than yourself and your spouse it is always the same situation. You think of yourself.

So next year I will not be purchasing gift for anyone other than family because this is the third time that I have been forgotten about by this person and it is just not right. Oh and I forgot to say that I accidentally left this person's book at rehab and all they kept telling me is that I needed to replace it. Which I have bought a new copy of the book. But, since you have the money to buy things for yourself go buy yourself a new copy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home