Boy Interrupted

So, what's your diag-nonsense?

Thursday, January 29, 2004

If tomorrow never came

When you are at work do you ever think to youself (and I know you do) "God I wish this day would end?" What a stupid thought. Think about it. When the day ends it just starts a new day at work unless it's Friday. Sometimes I wish tomorrow would never come. Not that I'm talking about death but think of the day or a day when you were extremely happy...so elated that you could burst. Imagine if that day just lagged on for a little longer. Imagine if you could stretch time out just for a little longer. Would you even do it? I would. On those days when I feel like "life cannot get any better than this." Take for instance when Desi and I were in Hawaii on Waikiki Beach for the first time. The morning sunrise leading to the evening sunset. I was far away from home and yet being there was like home. I would love to have been able to stretch that day even if just for a few more hours. But I've got to realize that it just can't be done. I don't even think when I was Wiccan that I ran across a spell for time stretching.

I would love to know why I think of ideas like this? I wonder sometimes if people actually think as I do. If their minds race at night with thoughts and ideas that even scare them. I think I should have majored in Philosophy or Writing. I mean yeah writing in my journal I could care less about punctuation, spelling, grammar and all that mess but my Professor for English 101 told me that I would be an excellent fictional writer. I've always been told that by teachers/professors. Is it because I crave that which can never be had...the life of an imaginary character? Or my sense of living through other people's thoughts and actions? I don't know. Even though my mind scares me sometimes I still enjoy my voyages to other plains. God this is going to sound like I mind travel to other planets and shit but what I'm talking about is the higher level you reach when you aren't just thinking because you have to. The place your mind forces you to go when it makes you think. Maybe I should really consider that brain scan afterall?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home