Boy Interrupted

So, what's your diag-nonsense?

Friday, January 30, 2004

Written in Red

This morning on my way to work I was going down the very steep hill that leads to the bridge between WV and VA. I was just drifting along. No foot on any given pedal. Wouldn't you know it...today is the day before the end of month quota for Mr/Mrs Policeman/woman. I'm the proud owner of a brand new white/black and red Traffic Violation. I was doing 61 in a 45. Oops. I honestly did not know. I thought the speed limit was 55 at the top of the hill the limit is 60. When the officer turned her lights on I was like oh shit something must be wrong with the car. I had no clue that I was getting a speeding ticket. The fine is $118. I don't know about the points yet. But I am going to fight it in court because I've been driving since I was 15 and this is the first time I've ever gotten a ticket. You would have thought that she would have said "Look for being such a good driver (which I know is so not true) I will give you a warning but slow the fuck down...Okay." No she had to give me the damn thing. I think I would have gotten out of it if I hadn't pulled over in an inappropriate spot. When you get over the bridges there is a road that leads up the side of the mountain that the people that live on the mountain use to get off the mountain to head to MD. Well I pulled over there and made a big traffic back up. I knew it wasn't appropriate but she kept on flashing her light and beeping her fucking atomic bullhorn thing. So I didn't know what to do...I have never been pulled over before. She tells me this is a really bad place for you to have pulled over. I replied:

"Well you kept on flashing your lights and beeping that horn so I didn't know what to do. If I would have kept on going up the road to the gas station you would have probably thought I was going to run from you. So yeah I know it's not the best spot but I'm new at this."

She proceeded to ask for the license and registration. Bitch!

I spent the day worrying about it but I'm okay with it because while I really didn't realize I was speeding if the radar said so then it must be true. So I'll pay the fine but I'm going to court to make sure I don't get any points.

Aside from that after I got over the drama of the morning I did absolutely nothing at work. I had the motivation of a paperclip or piece of tape. I just hung around. I tried my damndest to be productive but I figured "Hey everyone has days where they just don't want to work." So I did exactly that...didn't work. I danced, tried to do the moonwalk, sang, tried my talent at beat boxing with Cheryl (it was pretty much me spitting), and doodled on pieces of paper until it was time for me to run the daily reports. Oh yeah and I talked to my mother, my father, April, my Aunt Ganda, and my friend Cheri. Work should be this productive personally everyday. I mean I did do my part yesterday and save the company $3000 for a hospital putting in fraudulent claims. I just need to get a phone number to enter the information and there you go...money in their pockets.

Calling people has proven to be more enjoyable than I thought it would be. Not that I like talking to these people but the messages that some of these people leave on their answering machines. Here are two examples I have written down to share with you. Remember these are actual messages. Would you leave a message to any of these?

"No one can tell you so you was. No one can tell me who I am. No one can tell me I was failure for I am so I say I was and am and only God and tell me who I am. No one but you and God can determine who you was and who I was. So remember that and know who you baby's daddy is. Thanks for calling and if I want I will call you back." Hello fucking speaking properly much?

"Who da fuck do you thing you are ni**a? Who you was with...who was it that you was fucking. You ain't nevah been no baby's daddy to our baby. Listen mothafucka if you call here one more time ni**a I'll fucking kill dis baby daddy drama." Is someone bitter here? Sorry for the use of the n word but that is what she said so can't help that much.

Tomorrow night Cheri, Michael and I are supposed to go to D.C. I get to meet Michael finally. Wish me luck that I get some compensation in the "lucky" department. At least a fucking kiss...shit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home