Boy Interrupted

So, what's your diag-nonsense?

Thursday, September 23, 2004

Always a Catch 22

So I have the opportunity to have a job by next week. It is working retail. The wage is okay for the field however, you have to wait 6 months to qualify for benefits and then you have to pay them on your own.

Now here comes the twist. I have an opportunity to work in Rockville, MD at a law firm being a legal secretary. The job as of now is not guaranteed. My Aunt Velma got me the hook up with an interview. The lawyer wants to get rid of his current secretary who supposedly does an awful job....i.e. always late, on personal calls, and on and on. So my Aunt thinks I have a great chance at getting the job.

Do I take the not so fabulous job and then quit if I get the other? Now mind you I have a very close friend who works at the non-fabulous job that I am close to. Do I do this to him? Or do I say fuck it and wait for the interview with the law firm? Either way I'm screwed. I could have a job that I would have to quit if I do get hired at the law firm or I could not take the job and not get the job at the law firm.

Damned Catch 22 always making me distressed. I need a vacation and a cosmo to go with it.

1 Comments:

Blogger No Milk Please said...

good luck on your job hunt paul, i'm sure something will turn up.

9:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home