Boy Interrupted

So, what's your diag-nonsense?

Monday, January 16, 2006

Decisions Decisions

I was on my way to work today. Which by the way we are closed for Martin Luther King Day but, I was not informed of this until this morning when I got to work. And I heard about the boy that was killed in Florida. If you have not read the article here is a link Florida Shooting. The radio DJ said that many people are outraged that the student was killed. However, I am thinking the total opposite. The people that are outraged are forgetting about personal protection and the protection of hundreds of other students in the school. If put in the situation of having a gun drawn on myself I would have done the same thing. Now, I know that the student was only carrying a pellet gun but it was modified to look like an actual firearm so the officer of course is going to defend himself. Now I am not saying that I am a huge law enforcement lover. We all know how much we despise cops when we get a speeding ticket. But, we also need to remember that they have a job to do. And this job just happened to be about protecting students and oneself. I think that residents of Florida need to step back and look at the situation from the officer's point of view. Let's think...a crazed student is holding a firearm and pointing it at me? I think I will just let him fire it and take my chances trying to not get shot and maybe being able to wrestle him to the ground? Yeah.

The sad part is that the father of the now dead student was trying to call the officials to say that he believed that the gun was a pellet gun but by the time his attempts were made it was already too late. I just do not understand what is wrong with todays youth. When I went to school I was a very happy person on the outside. I was bullied and teased for many many years. Being called a fag or queer and getting my head smashed into a locker was not unheard of in my high school career. However, I never thought of killing the people who did this to me much less thinking of killing myself. I guess things have just gotten out of hand with the public schooling system. I don't know. But, I think we need to start cracking down on children who love to make the lives of their peers a living hell. These children will not realize the effects they have on their peers until they are in a situation like Columbine.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lady CeCe said...

hey kiddo, just checkin in on you, hope ur taking care of urself. xo.

constance

12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home