Boy Interrupted

So, what's your diag-nonsense?

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Neverland Lost?

I have come to the conclusion that I am a grown up wether I want to admit it or not. Now I may not always act like I am mature or even remotely close to the term adult but, I am noticing however that I am becoming more and more to the "older" people mold. The first thing that I noticed is that my energy level is no where near what it used to be. I used to be able to go to work on two hours sleep. Now, I do not even have the energy to want to go to work on 9 hours sleep. Not that I really get that much sleep anyway. I am having a really hard time sleeping again. The next thing I noticed and this is some what too much information is that I am getting drier skin. It is like my youth is draining out of my body and I am turning into an geriatrics best friend...a prune. I would prefer to be a California Raisin because at least they were cool at one time. Prunes have never been in style as far as I know. Probably because they don't stick around enough if you know what I mean.

Another thing is that of my television habits. While I do have a daily schedule I find myself getting bored with it lately. Please don't mistake this I am still in love with the Golden Girls. To shun the Golden Girls is a big no no in my book. However, during the other programming I tend to switch the television to more informational shows. Like the history channel. Hello! What do I care about what happened 180 years ago or 26 years ago? I wasn't born yet so it had nothing to do with me. Old people are supposed to watch those shows. At least the old people that I know. Sorry April it is true Adam is secretly an elderly man in disguise and as much as he flows I know that he is using prunes. Please don't ask for details to that one. And this morning I came to an even bigger revelation.

I am listening to talk radio! That is one of the final steps in becoming an adult/older person. I should be jammin to rap, hip hop, opera, showtunes. But no! I have to listen to Elliott in the Morning and I listen to it like it was my religion. WTF. Next, I will have become a conservative bald headed white male with hair as long as The Great Wall of China coming out of my ears.

I don't want to grow up. And no I'm not a Jerry's kid. At least I haven't been for a couple years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home