Boy Interrupted

So, what's your diag-nonsense?

Monday, December 11, 2006

Frustrated

I do not understand why people continue to do the same things over and over. Then when it comes back down to it they are in the same exact situation again. And once again they come to you for advice and you being the forever faithful friend comfort them and give them the same advice again. This time they swear that they will use the advice and not repeat the same mistakes. Deep down you know that your words are just going in one ear and out the other because for the 50th time the advice has not been used so what makes this time any different?

I am so tired of giving advice to people that just do not use it. I am tired of the time it takes to give the advice. My time is more and more precious and I could use that time to do something for me. If you want my advice fine. I am willing to give it to you once...maybe twice. But, when it comes to the third time do not expect me to be there to "pick you up" any longer. I realize that there is always the possibility that things can change with situations but over and over again the "situation" just rears its head again. It may be a day later or ten days later but it always does. And me being the friend knows this and expects it.

I feel a bit used at this point. I think that I am too good of a friend sometimes and that I need to start trying to find new friends. Or just build on my closer friendships. Well at this point that would leave me with one friend after all is said and done.

I want people to start realizing that I am not always going to be the go to person when your world falls. I am not going to keep lending my ear when you need to talk. I am not going to be that shoulder when you need one to cry on. I am not going to be that hand you need when you need reassurance. I am not saying that people need to bow down and do everything that I tell them to do when it comes to them asking for my advice. I am just saying that when you have gotten the same advice from me more than six or seven times and the same advice from other people "Stop it with the Ground Hog Day" already. Stop taking baby steps to move on and ending up in the exact same place you started from. It is just getting old and my patience and feeling that I am a friend is starting to wear down.

Soon there is not going to be anymore advice because I will have re-evaluated the whole thing and will have moved on completely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home