Boy Interrupted

So, what's your diag-nonsense?

Saturday, April 12, 2003

Bad news always seems to be the case

So last night my dear friend Ms. Pat came into work. We were talking back and forth about me having Thrush mouth and blah blah blah. Well Ms. Pat tells me that she has something to tell me. She tells me that she has cancer. I'm like stop lying Ms. Pat that's not funny. Well she wasn't lying. I'm devistated. I'm sad. I'm full of anger that this has to happen to her. She is such a wonderful and joyful woman. I love her just as if she were my own grandmother or even mother. She brings so much positive energy to work when she is here with us. To hear this was like hearing that a family member just died. I cried for 45 mins at work last night. I had to leave the call center and just breathe. The news was almost too much for me to handle. To actually grasp that she is living with cancer and the outcome as of right now is not so sure is haunting my mind constantly. I've just experienced the loss of someone to cancer...Uncle Gene. I don't want her to go through what Uncle Gene had to experience. It was hard enough seeing Uncle Gene wither away but I am so close to Ms. Pat. It is like all I get to hear anymore is bad news. Bad news is always the case...at least these days. Between Constance getting attacked by the bottle throwers...Uncle Gene passing away, knowing that my grandfather doesn't have much longer because his health is depleating, and now Ms. Pat. It's like how does one deal with so much bad...when will the good actually shine through? Ms. Pat isn't scared though...I've talked to her several times lately since she told me. I'm scared for her though. I want to be there for her...if it comes down to it I don't want her to worry about having to be alone and I'm willing to live with her if her illness is irrepairable. I've already told her that my parents said we could take her dog Bailey if something should happen. Her world revolves around her pets. She said that she would have to have Sassy put down because she would greive to death. I want her to know that Bailey will be in good hands and a good home if something should happen to her. I pray to God that she will be able to fight this disease and be the victor. And for anyone who reads this page please...I beg of you please say a prayer with all that is in you that Ms. Pat will triumph over this. She is a beautiful, talented, caring, loving, ball of sunshine and I don't want to see her light diminish.

So God...if you happen to read or know what I am going through dealing with this news please I pray to you take care of Ms. Pat and see through that she overcomes this and stays with us and brings us the happiness that she always has.

I love you Ms. Pat and pray for you everyday!!

Much love to Ms. Pat and everyone that I never get a chance to say I love you to!

Paul

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home