Boy Interrupted

So, what's your diag-nonsense?

Tuesday, February 10, 2004

Big Corporations Can Kiss My Ass

So today at work we found out that we were completely merged with United Health Care. All you would think would be fine and dandy we were bought out by a 300 billion dollar revenue company. Not so. Here is the situation.

MAMSI gives it's employees at the beginning of each year 6 sick days and 3 floater/personal days. I was due for my vacation February 25th. I have used 46 of the hours I had between the nine given on Jan. 1st. United does not have a classification for each time they give. It is all lumped together in what is called PTO (Paid Time Off). Well they were giving us 2 PTO days right off the bat. Here comes the catch. The spokesperson for United tells us that you have 2 PTO days but anytime you used while you were a MAMSI employee (i.e. my 46 hrs.) will be subtracted from the 16 PTO hours you have. If you are dumb at math I will calculate this for you.

16-46= -30 hrs.

Yes I will have to take the PTO hours I earn each month from United and pay the hours back I used while I was a MAMSI employee. So I'm starting off with United Health Care owing them 30 hours leave for leave I took when I wasn't even their employee. To make matters worse the 2 1/2 days I have left of sick time will not be considered sick time. It will now transfer to Debilating Fund. It can only be used if I am in the hospital or a family member is in the hospital. So for me to have a "0" zero balance on time I would have to work until July to make up the time that I somehow owe a company I just became an employee of as of TODAY. There was a woman in the meeting who said "I have been here 5 years as a MAMSI employee. I have saved up 120 hours of sick time. Are you telling me that I cannot use this to take the day off to see the doctor or when I am just "sick?" The spokeswoman replied "No you can only use it if you are in the hospital." This to me is bullshit.

Reason 1: How am I going to pay a company that I didn't work for until today back time that I used while working for another company?
Reason 2: How can you just convert our sick time into something that we will probably never have to use?
Reason 3: How can you deny me my vacation time because it happens on 2-25-04 and your policies are effect 2-21-04. That is too close?
Reason 4: How can you tell us if we don't say yes or no to a 401k with you you will automatically deduct 3% of our wages and put it in a fund that you chosose?
Reason 5: How can we contact your HRDirect Department if we don't have access until 3-12-04?
Reason 6: How can you offer us a hotline for questions that is not toll free? Are you going to pay my long distance bill?
Reason 7: How do you expect us to get answers from our supervisors when they just went to the meeting with us today?
Reason 8: Do you not realize that you are violating Federal Statues on Labor Laws deducting out of our paychecks without our permission or signature?
Reason 9: Can you tell that I'm pissed and on the job hunt?

If not then something unfortunately is wrong with you. Just joking. But seriously I have a Federal Attorney looking into the situation. The Denton side of the family is coming out of this gayboy. The bitch I have deep down inside of me combined with the Annie Denton in me is sure to get this fucked up issue resolved. If you see me coming you better get under your desk because the Denton side has emerged and let me tell you it will not be pretty. If you are going to bitch but don't have the balls to do anything about it then you my friend are fucked. I however, have the balls and I'm taking it to the next level.

I may not have my degree in Politics yet but I'm damn near not so stupid that I can't see the violations this company is making when it comes to this merger and how its new employees as of 2-10-04 are being dicked over. Honey I may be interested in dick but I'm certainly not going to be dicked over.

Peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home