Boy Interrupted

So, what's your diag-nonsense?

Friday, July 16, 2004

For Pete's Sake
 
Well let's see.  I finally quit my other job with Mamsi.  I am glad that that is over with.  Anyway, like I had said Monday had proved to be a quite trying day at work.  But Tuesday....oh Tuesday.  I got up and got ready for work and just before I get ready I get the feeling of "you are about to throw up."  And I do...but this time it is worse.  I start throwing up nasty phlegm and to top it off blood.  I get the chills, light-headedness, cold sweats and the feeling that I'm about to die.  So I try to make it in to work two hours late and when I get here I am told to go home because I didn't look right.  The next morning I go to the ENT and I'm told that I have a severe sinus infection and that if I would have waited a few more days that I would have gotten pneumonia.  So I had to miss another day of work until I could get some meds in me to dry up the infection.  Anyway, get my father to bring the doctor's note over to work and everything is covered.  Then I get a phonecall today from Aerotek the people that have hired me out saying that my manager called in and was worried about me missing the past several days and that it is a red flag and blah blah blah.  I am freakin.  I'm like I hope I don't lose my job.  So I call my manager John and explain everything to him.  I don't think he realized the whole "throwing up of blood" thing.  I don't know.  So I come in tonight and talk to Sherry who works like big time with John and I'm in tears because I'm afraid that my job is in jeopardy.  She tells me that everything will be okay and to not worry she will talk to John in the morning.  So when I had gotten off the phone with John he seemed to understand but I just hope that he realizes that I love the job and don't plan on going anywhere.  I mean who the hell can help getting that sick.  But I'm feeling better and I'm back at work.  Erin and Andy arrived from Tacoma on Wednesday.  I didn't get close to Erin because she is prego and I don't want her getting sick.  They are staying at the house and we made breakfast this morning.  Pancakes, ham, and eggs.  It was yummy.  And yes I actually ate some ham for the first time in forever.  But still no red meat.  Anyway, that about sums up the current state.  I'm glad that Erin and Andy are staying at the house with me because I haven't seen her in over two years.  I just hope that everything goes okay with the job situation.  I mean I had doctor's orders and a doctor's note not to come back to work until tonight so I know I'm covered there.  My nerves are pretty much shot and I'll be taking a couple of nerve pills when I get home.  But Sherry B. reassuring me that everything would be okay makes me a little settled.  I have no clue why my sinus' are acting so out of whack.  The doctor said that it has probably been draining and draining for a long while now and it is just catching up with me.  All I know is that throwing up blood scared the living shit out of me.  I don't want that to happen again.  So I haven't been smoking much either.  I'm trying to cut back and hopefully in six months be done with it.  It's a nasty habit anyway.  But other than that please wish me luck that everything will work out okay because Lord knows I have had enough drama to last a life time since I turned 20.  Back surgeries, staying sick, and all the other bullshit.   I just want some calm in my life.  Some more stability.  Just for things to start flowing right....not like the flow of a damn period.  Later dudes!!
 
By the way I'm guest blogging again at Pink Haired Girl again if anyone wants to stop by.

1 Comments:

Blogger Wayne said...

Yeah..... If you are just not happy at work.... quit it.... (weird, ppl around me have been making some career movements... including myself!!)

Life is too short to be all stressed and surrounded by negative energy, right?

5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home