Boy Interrupted

So, what's your diag-nonsense?

Tuesday, July 06, 2004

The Luckie Duckie

So I'm at work now. I have had about 2 and 1/2 hours of sleep. Just got in from vacay at 7pm. I had a blast in Busch Gardens and the whole vacation. But it started off horribly. When I went to meet Michael Friday morning his car starter went out and we had to have that fixed. So that delayed us leaving for about and hour or longer. On the way down I got separated from my parents. They kept on telling me to speed up to catch up with them but I didn't because I was afraid of getting pulled over. Finally, we met up at a truck stop. My parents pulled out before Michael, Cheri and I so again I get separated. Well I sort of knew where I was going but then I realized I didn't. So my mother calls me and I'm trying to communicate with her and I forget to watch my speed. When I realize "Hey I'm speeding." I hit my brakes and it's too late. A cop had already clocked me and pulled me over. He asked me why I was speeding and I politely tell him. And I swear I was very nice and just scared. I told him that this was my first time driving by myself and I got separated from my parents and I was basically lost and that I was on the phone with my mother trying to find out where to go. When I realized I was speeding I tried to slow down. I told him I knew where I was but not where to go so I was trying to catch up. I told him I wasn't familiar with the area and had no clue what the speed limit was. I almost started crying. I don't think he believed that three people in their 20's were following parents per se but we were. He gave me a summons to court. So now I have to go back down there to go to court to explain to the judge the whole situation. Here the whole time I don't speed and the time I decide to so I don't get lost I get pulled over. And to make matters worse my mother said "Watch out for the cops" when I pick up the phone and I respond "too late I'm getting pulled over." So the whole time I'm down there I'm wondering what is going on. My father stopped at the Sheriff's office and talked to her about it. She couldn't believe it and was like "I am so sorry that happened did your son tell the officer?" She said that the officer could have let me go knowing the situation and that him keeping me there only furthered the distance between me and my parents. She said since I have a clean record that I will probably just be fined and at worst have to take a driving class. I hope everything works out because it really was an honest mistake. When I had to sign the paper I was rubbing my eyes so I didn't cry and the officer yelled "You need to sign this paper Mr. Hebb." He was such a dick to me. I think her realized I was gay. He was cool until I opened my mouth. Since I sound a little faggish. He totally copped an attitude with me...no pun intended. But hopefully everything will be okay. And the Sheriff's reassurance makes me feel better.

Aside from that the trip was wonderful. I was with my best friend Cheri and I think we grew closer over this trip. Michael on the otherhand has driven me crazy. I felt at times like putting duct tape around his mouth so he would stop talking about hisself and how everyone wanted him. He made Cheri curl his eyelashes so he would look sexier. Hello that is not going to happen. He accused me of wearing mascara and curling my lashes. I don't do either. The only time I have worn anything on my eyes is at Halloween. I wore eyeliner one time when we went out but other than that he is totally jealous of my eyes. I mean I love Michael to death but he is the most self centered person. I know I talk about myself but it is like 97% joking and most of it is negative. Every story he had to tell was about himself. Even when we were talking about other people like stories of death in a family or a serious subject he would butt in and be like "Oh this one time I..." or "Did you guys see him look at me?" or "Look at his butt..." It is like all the conversations are one sided. And he made a comment about me that both Cheri and I wanted to slap him for. It was 94 degrees. Any of you that know me know that I stay hot so I was of course sweating. He said "I'm tired of people complaining." This was in reference to Cheri saying "It is hot out today." Then he says "I really don't get hot and I certainly do sweat like that." In reference to me like I'm some kind of freak. But I let it go. And to top it all off ever since I said I wanted a Louis Vuitton coin purse and a Dooney and Burke coin purse that is all he talks about. We went to Dooney and Bourke and I was looking at the change purses. I was going to get one and he grabbed it out of my hand and said "That is so what I've been wanting." Then he went and bought it. I was like nevermind I didn't want that. Cheri looked at me like I cannot believe he just did that. When we get to the car he says "Who is this by anyway?" Then he says "But like I've been saying I want to get my LV coin purse." I didn't say a damn thing. Then we go to Timberland and Cheri is looking at a cellphone cover. He does the same thing. Grabs it out of her hand. She says "I was looking at that." He says it doesn't matter I need one anyway. She bit her tongue too. You don't just go grabbing stuff out of people's hand and buying what they are getting ready to buy look for your own. He keeps claiming that it was his idea to get a D&B and LV coin purse when he didn't even know who D&B was and just found out who LV was when we bought him his wallet. My mother said he wanted the stuff we wanted because he wants to fit in with us and be cool or whatever because he thinks Cheri and I are cool. But it comes to a point when it just becomes rude and obnoxious. Anyway, I could go on for about a novel's worth so I'll shut up and do some work. Hope everyone has a great 4th.

P.S. In case I haven't said it lately to all my bloggie friends "I love you guys/gals." And thanks for the comment Paul (NoMilk) it so makes sense.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home