Boy Interrupted

So, what's your diag-nonsense?

Saturday, July 17, 2004

The Rain In Spain Falls Mainly On The Plain
 
This is one of my favorite lines from "My Fair Lady."  I don't know why I'm thinking of it but I am.  I often think of things out of nowhere and this just happens to be running through my head.  After I went to MAMSI to collect my personal belongings and say goodbye to everyone I couldn't remember the names of everyone and I spent most of the day trying to think of their last names.  I was like "what the fuck?"  It is not like I didn't work with them for almost a year.  How do you forget things so fast?  And about 5-6 minutes ago I finally remember the name of one of my ex co-workers.  It took like 10 hours but I finally remembered.  Does anyone else ever get those nagging questions in their head that you can't figure out and it comes to you like hours or days later.  But the whole time it bugs you constantly that you can't figure out the answer to the question and you know that it is a simple answer which makes it that much worse.  I have had this happen to me tons of times and it drives me absolutely buggy.  And the thing is is that I will think of the same question again maybe a few days later or whatever and again I can't remember the answer to it again.  One of my favorite movies is "Steal Magnolia's."  I have watched this movie a good 175 times.  I love the beginning when Ouiser is at her best being the queen bitch of the movie.  Well I was running through the list of characters both first and last names and I could not for the life of me remember who Darryl Hannah played.  I remember her saying something about her last name being associated with "Zwalie" but could not remember her first name.  I finally remember it like 5 days later...it is Annelle.  So here is the list of characters if ever I should forget again.
 
Sally Field=M'lynn Eatenton
Julia Roberts=Shelby Eatenton Latcherie
Darryl Hannah=Annelle Dupuy Desoto
Dolly Parton=Truvy Jones
Olympia Dukakis=Clairee Blecher
Shirley MacLaine=Ouiser Boudreaux
Tom Skerritt=Drum Eatenton
Dylan McDermott=Jackson Latcherie
Kevin J. O'Connor=Sammy Desoto
Billy McCutcheon=Owen Jenkins
Ann Wedgeworth=Aunt Fern
Knowl Johnson=Tommy Eatenton
Jonathan Ward=Jonathan Eatenton
Nancy Parsons=Janice Van Meter (two pigs fighting over a blanket...one of my favorite lines)
 
Anyway, I am feeling 110% better.  The congestion came back a little tonight but I took my medicine and poof it was off like a prom dress.  Tomorrow I am going to my friend Cheryl's house to spend some time with her and Gwen (both are my co-workers from MAMSI and I love them to death).  Then after I leave there I'm headed to April's house to help her plan the center pieces for her wedding reception.  I think I'm going to sketch a picture tonight to get an idea of what I want.  I'm thinking a reflective mirror on the bottom with a nice ivy and baby's breath wreath sitting on it with a glass hurricane and single white candle.  Something simple yet classic.  April and Adam are paying for the wedding themselves so I'm trying to make it cost effective.  I can make beautiful flower arrangements...my grandmother taught me how to do this.  But at the same time I don't want her to have to pay out the nose for the centerpieces.  You figure when I made Barb's bouquets for her and the bridesmaids she only had to spend $75 and it was for herself and I believe 3-4 bridesmaids.  Barb's bouquet was absolutely gorgeous.  I'll have to see if I can get a picture of it and post it online.  I do all the flower arrangements at my house.  I'll take some pictures and post them so you can see that I am indeed crafty.  And after I leave April's house I'm going out to dinner with Erin and Andy.  I think April and I are going to head to Frederick to go to A.C. Moore craftshop because they are having a huge sale on their flowers.  They do this once a year and the silk flowers are I believe 45-75% off.  So we should be able to get all the flowers and accessories tomorrow.  I can't wait.  I'm hoping that April will let me do the bouquets too.  I don't think she should do fresh flowers because they don't keep that well even if you dry them and I'd like for her to have something that will last forever...just like her marriage.  I am so excited for her getting married.  I really like Adam he is a really cool guy and I think that her makes her extremely happy.  Then Sunday I'm headed to Arundel Mills with Michael and Cheri.  I don't really need anything aside from  my shower gel from The Body Shop.  The scent is Satsuma.  It smells absolutely delightful.  It is like $12 a bottle but it is well worth it.  I'd like to get some new cologne too but I'm not sure what I want this time.  I have a good amount of cologne but I'm ready for a change.  Oh yeah and I want to go to FYE and get a new movie.  This will bring my collection to around 430 if I get a new movie.  It is getting out of hand but I'm such a movie freak. 
 
Hopefully, we will get to go to the movies too.  I'm looking forward to seeing both Michael and Cheri.  I want to go to dinner at DuClaw.  The chicken and mashed potatoes there are to die for.  Plus the restaurant is very nice.  It has an industrial appearance.  They have plasma televisions in the booths.  But we never use them because we like to have those great conversations over dinner.  Hopefully, Michael will have other things to talk about besides himself.
 
Well everyone have a great night and weekend.  I'll be writing more at Pink Haired Girl shortly.  The server there seems to be down.  But anyway....I'm off to do some work.
 
And I want to send a shoutout to Sherry N.'s son.  He is at state competition for baseball.  So best of luck to him.  Bring us home a trophy!!!!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for showing up today. I only waited for like 4 hours on your ass.

9:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home