Boy Interrupted

So, what's your diag-nonsense?

Monday, August 02, 2004

You get rid of it...

The title above is my favorite line from any movie I have ever had the chance to watch. It was spoken by Claudia (aka Kirsten Dunst) as the child vampire in Interview with the Vampire. When first I heard her speak this and to this day the passion, deceit, and anger in this one phrase makes me wonder how a child of only 11 years of age could deliver a performance as astounding as hers in IWTV? But anyway, now you all know my favorite movie line. It is simple when read but when spoken in the movie it sends chills through my body.

I went today to see The Village with my parents, Aunt Velma, and Uncle Keith. It was actually pretty decent. Not the best picture my M. Night S. but who am I to judge? I would say wait until it comes out on video to see it unless you can't because you are a movie freak like me. Nonetheless, I didn't have to pay for the ticket so how can I complain. After the movie we headed to Romano's Macaroni Grill...which we all know is probably my favorite restaurant next to The Cheesecake Factory. Dinner was good. There was much laughter. The kind of atmosphere I miss so much with my family since I live 70 miles from them or more. Before we headed to Frederick we went and saw the house that I will be moving into in the next two weeks. It is wicked. Victorian. The garden alone makes me feel as if I were in New Orleans. There is even a porch out from the back bedroom on the third floor. Not to mention a killer attic. The basement (as we know I don't like basements) is creepy and reminds me of something you would find in The Village time period. But all in all I am in love with the house. And for a whopping $340,000 I should be. Again, not paying for it no need to complain. But now I'm off to bed I have been up since 8pm Saturday night and it is now Monday 1:55 a.m.

But, I want to leave you with an email I received tonight from someone I have never met, heard from, but now appreciate due to the following:

Paul,

I have been a reader of your blog for sometime now. Not really sure how I got there originally as I often surf through blogs via links on other blogs. Yours really touched me in a very personal way as I could see much of myself and my searching and confusion when I was much younger. Happily, I am in a much better place now than I was back then, or as I suspect the you are often in now. Anyway, I will be sorry not to be able to read your blog anymore. I understand your need for more privacy and, as a stranger to you, I have no right to intrude on that privacy.

If I may make an unsolicited comment...I want you to know that things are not always as dark, or even as confusing, as they seem sometimes. I consider myself to be a sensitive and creative individual, as I sense that you are, and as such I have often intensified reality (if you can understand my meaning) and over analyzed things. We are the type of people who feel things so deeply that we paint or otherwise create them and write them from the very depth of our souls. Love eludes us or, as I have discovered in my journey, it appears to elude us and it throws us into a dark and empty space from which we struggle to find our way back. When we love, we love from such a place in our very souls that few ever feel or understand. And we often pin everything on that love. Sometimes even our very existence. With age and experience and the love/support/understanding of some special people I have learned to understand my special and unique nature and to live more harmoniously with who/what I am.


Enough intensity. I have a tendency to ramble on if so allowed. I would just like you to know that I have appreciated your wit and have sympathized with you when you have bared your soul. If you don't mind that a total stranger looks in on you once in awhile, I would appreciate and value your new blog address. If you do mind, I am totally understanding.

Blog On!

O.J.

Is this not the sweetest email? I haven't received something so positive in a long time. It makes all the times I have pressed the Publish Post button all the more rewarding.

Night All!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger No Milk Please said...

that is a very sweet e-mail and with a very thoughtful message. i hope you take it to heart...

2:45 PM  
Blogger Wayne said...

So.. The Village isn't *THAT* bad... I guess It'd be better than Catwoman anyway.

And that email, that's really something :) Kinda reminds me when I first got the email from Pua, of someone whom I've never met - or didn't even know she has been reading my blog.. .Showing concerns and stuff...

my heart melt like butter. :)

1:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home