Boy Interrupted

So, what's your diag-nonsense?

Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Petty Patty
 
I came in to work tonight to read a very harsh email from one of my co-workers.  Let's see where to begin.  Friday night I had asked Sherry B. if it would be okay if I left at 6am instead of 7am because I had a wedding to go to in the morning.  Sherry B. by the way is in charge of vacation and leave and she said it was okay.  I told her I would only leave if everything were caught up and there were no horrific events going on.  Well 6am came and I was caught up and everything was running smoothly.  I had asked our day shift person Pat if she wanted me to stay because I would.  She kept saying it wasn't her decision.  I told her I realized that but I wanted to make sure that me leaving an hour early wouldn't effect her.  She said it was okay to leave as long as I had informed Sherry B. and my boss John L. of the situation.  I told her this had already been done.  Well here is what comes in the 1st shift handoff from Saturday (this went to everyone by the way):

"Paul H. left at 6:00 am. Short notice of a wedding. Paul, I know you may think I am nitpicking but everything was not completed when you left. Route Se had been assigned to Gary M and with him not showing up it should have been deleted and assigned to Mark L. Also Shannon did a power swap with the Se driver, and sent a message about this of which was acknowledged by you but did not execute. And I was creating the load sheet and had another task to perform to these loads before they can be assigned. It would have been nice to have had you here doing the metric while I was doing this. But none the less it got done."

Let's see I did the power swap...this is just assigning a truck to a driver...the trucks are called powers.  Little did I know that the driver actually gave the pwr to someone else.  The message Shannon sent in made it seem like he got rid of one truck and went into another truck.  So that was my bad...he actually gave the truck to someone so the power swap I did should have not went on Shannon but on another driver.  As for the route I should have took it off of Gary and put it on Mark but it didn't click to do so.  Let me specify that these two things I overlooked take about a total of 5-7 minutes to complete.  I actually showed Johannes my co-worker tonight and it took me under 3 minutes so I'm being generous in the time it would have taken considering Pat types extremely slow. 

The following is the email that Pat recieved from our manager about the whole situation:

"Pat,

One word of caution in your e-mail regarding Paul H: It is usually best to give someone that kind of feedback in a personal e-mail and, at most, copy me in only. All team members need to know how their decisions impact the rest of the team. However, while it is important to let team members know when they drop a pass, it is normally a good idea to discuss it privately, and if that is unsuccessful, then with his/her direct supervisor (in this case, me).A good rule of thumb is to "counsel in private, and praise in public".

Paul,Let's talk when you get a chance."

Oh I just know she is going to be heated when she reads this.  I actually called John tonight and woke him up to talk about this.  He said that Pat should have never written all that for everyone to see and that I was in the right because I had permission to leave at 6am.  He also said that the two things that were forgotten were so minor that it shouldn't have been an issue in the first place.  John was extremely pissed on the phone at Pat's pettiness.  John told me that Pat acts like she never makes mistakes and that the two things I forgot to do could have been forgotten by anyone because they were that "not important."  I also got a big pat on the back for not being angry about the situation and told that I am the best employee when it comes to data entry and accuracy that John has on his crew at the present time.  He said that my accuracy is at 100% and that my learning curve is astounding.  He said he still can't believe how I pick up information and how I want to take on more. 

So Pat a word to the wise "I will let this petty bullshit go this go around but the next time I will make sure to point out the shit that you forget to do on a daily basis that I have to do when I come in."  And yes my fellow bloggers there are things that are supposed to be done by the time I come in that aren't my responsibility that I have to do.  Take for instance the route never being changed...that is a first shift responsiblity.   So Pat, why didn't you do the route change since that is your responsibility?"  How about the numerious routes I have had to edit and add for the past two weeks because you neglected to do them? 

I have never said anything about having to do why Pat has left undone at work.  I do it and move on.  So as you can see yes I am a little pissed that she would do this and then send it to everyone.  I have never said or sent an email regarding what Pat has neglected to do so there is room for me being pissy about it.  But I'll be pissy online and let John and Sherry handle Pat in the a.m.

God people can be so fucking evil when it comes to petty shit.

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home