Boy Interrupted

So, what's your diag-nonsense?

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Cheap Doesn't Even Begin To Cover It

I guess that this post is a little biased considering that I approach all day time talk show/educational shows with Oprah in mind. I think that most of America associates the quality of their daytime viewing pleasures with Oprah type standards. If Jerry were the standard setter I have a feeling there would be an even greater amount of male unemployment. That is all men would be unemployed by choice and supporting their local strip club. But, that has nothing to do with anything. Sorry for the tangent. What I am talking about is more important than our morals and character. It is the one thing that holds us together as a nation. Makes us stand up for our country with pride. I am talking about greed and the need to be compensated. It used to be that you went on a talk show to discuss problems, learn, or to try to be a talk show whore and spread your lovin all over Maury, Donohue, Sally, and last but not least Jenny Jones. Ricki Lake was a step above the sloppy seconds and no one ever watched her show so the tsw's never wasted their bad acting skills. In this day and age I find that people would sell their souls just to go on a talk show because of the free prizes and giveaways. It is like liquid crack for the stay at home mom. They just can't get enough swag. The audiences expect some type of gratification for gracing the host with their presence. Just being on the show is not enough any longer. And as we all know Oprah is the queen of audience gratification. However, Martha Stewart is not.
This lady has more money than the federal reserve. Most anything that she desires is given to her for free. So you would think she would give back to her audiences for supporting her. Especially, those that stuck by her while she became a temporary lesbian while held up in prison. Don't tell me you don't think she wasn't prefecting her new found love of muff diving while on barred vacation. Well she is not a giver. She is a receiver. Yesterday the studio audience got to take home some seed packets to start their own herb garden. Fucking seed packets that cost .0003 cents per pack. Come on Martha. I mean it is one thing to be frugal but it is another thing to be a stingy mommy dearest craft whore with only oneself being important. I mean are you going to start giving away the leftovers you cook on the show as door prizes? Or your used kotex? Talk about cheap. Sheesh! I wouldn't be surprised if you start charging admission and then a surcharge on studio oxygen. Martha I am truly disappointed in you. So stop calling me and begging me to be a guest on your show. Our relationship is over. You have betrayed me by giving away cheap gifts. How can I ever look you in the screen again? I am strictly Oprah now. Maybe in time we can mend this relationship but as for now please give me time to heal.
Tears.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home