Boy Interrupted

So, what's your diag-nonsense?

Monday, May 08, 2006

Cashing In

What a fast weekend. I spent Friday night at Gwen's house framing pictures, arranging picture groupings, and hanging pictures. I did not get home until around 1:30 a.m. When I got home I was extremely tired since I had been up since 5:00 a.m. But did I go to sleep right away? Hell no. I was up until 6:00 a.m. When I finally fell asleep I slept until 4:45 p.m. on Saturday. So it seems that I missed a day on my weekend break. How much does that suck? It sucks worse than your mother I can tell you that.

I went and saw An American Haunting on Sunday. It was a pretty good movie. It had some jump out of your seat type moments. But, when the movie concluded you sort of feel sad. From the movie I went to Rockville for some Shrimp Chow Foon and a stint at the Asian Markets.

And this is where the hilarity ensued. I had made a purchase of some Yan Yan and it only totaled $3.62. The Asian lady proceeds to yell at me and tell me that the minimum for credit cards is $10.00. I had figured this for some reason. So I tell Cheri to put her Milk Tea with my stuff as I had bought out the Milk Tea at the other market. Well that brings the total to $6.31. So I drag Cheri to pick out some more Milk Tea. We were gone for no more than 20 seconds when the Asian Cashier Lady comes running up the aisle for us yelling "You hurry...you hurry." I was like no this bitch is not yelling at us like we are about to skip out and make her have to void the transaction. She told her co-worker that we were bad customers because we should have been prepared when we got to the register with more than $10.00 worth of stuff. Little did she know but Cheri speaks Chinese. As we are leaving Cheri looks back at the lady and thanks her for her patience and for being so polite.

Milk Tea = $.69 a can
Yan Yan = $.79 a tube
Embarassing a Chinese Cashier Lady = Priceless

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home