Boy Interrupted

So, what's your diag-nonsense?

Monday, August 09, 2004

I'm a survivor

As you all know I went camping for the first time on Saturday. I was at the campsite by 9:30am. I was wishing I was in the comfort of my own bed by 10:00am. April put up my tent. I then decorated it with all my pillows and blankets and bags. Knowing that I had been awake since Friday night at 8pm I decided to go to sleep for a power nap. Well by 12:15pm I still was not asleep. I'm not sure why. I got back out of the tent and talked for a while. Ate some junk food and a bavarian pretzel melt I had purchased on my way to April's house. I finally felt like I could fall asleep at 2:00pm. I went back in the tent and fell asleep until 9:30pm. April and everyone there tried to get me to wake up earlier to eat dinner but I didn't want to. I just wanted to sleep. So when I finally got up we played cards and talked around the fire until about 3:30am. I then retired back to my tent and slept until 10:30am. I woke up...had missed breakfast and my back was hurting that morning. Well since it was so cold outside my sinus' started to act up and I wound up having to puke a couple of times. I then got a headache and laid back down for about three more hours. My tent became an oven. Set on temperature "hell." I was covered in sweat and my nose was draining. I finally got up and talked some more and drank a soda. I was watching the birds and the bugs flit around the campsite. We packed up around 6:00pm to come home. There is a lot more that went on. Example: I found my other personality "Pappy Joe" and entertained everyone with his antics. I am just out of it tonight and don't feel like giving a play by play. There really isn't that much more because all you can do when you camp is talk, eat, and sleep. And for those of us that have partners have sex. Which I heard coming from the neighboring tent. But anyway, it was fun and I would do it again. Only I would have a bigger tent and an air mattress. I'll write more tomorrow when I feel better. My back is hurting more than it has before I had surgery so yeah I'm not in the mood to blog. But I wanted everyone to know that I'm a survivor of my first camping trip.

1 Comments:

Blogger Wayne said...

OHMYGAWD, I will never go Camping!!

4:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home