Boy Interrupted

So, what's your diag-nonsense?

Monday, July 10, 2006

Boom Shock-ah

Feeling absolutely like a pile of hammered shit I was the miracle child this morning. As I am talking to Miriam at her desk she proceeds to get up and say that she has to go. There is a baby (and I mean baby) mouse that has fallen in her cup and is treading water to stay alive. So I get him out of the cup and put him in a box to get him warmed up and dried off to be set free later today. All is good. He has recovered and is playing in the box when all of a sudden he decides he is done with being held captive. He springs out of the box and runs across my desk. I try to catch him...but it just did not happen. He runs away. His name is Boom Shoch-ah Lock-ah and he was my friend the baby mouse.

I would compare his rescuing next to Baby Jessica. He fell into a well and had to be rescued. And by well I mean a big plastic cup of water...which compares to a well in regards to living as a mouse. So let it be known that as terrible as I have felt today I still have managed to save a life.
And I am so changing his name to Baby Jessica. That so fits.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home